Skip to main content

Happy Blue Bali Monday


Dearest Sally
Sorry I’ve not visited for a while...

I'm in Bali on a yoga retreat;
a lovely Christmas and birthday present from my family.

There's plenty to photograph and blog about
as I'm in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

But I’ve been going through a bit of a blue void...

My life spent searching for a massive blue car wash, 
blue monkey, or indeed something, anything blue, 
to give me some credibility amongst the regular Blue Monday’ites. 

Our Beautiful World: Paddy rice terraces in the mountains around Ubud
Well!
Imagine my excitement when I’m riding on the back of a scooter, 
on my crazy 'Eat, Pray, Love' adventure, 
to visit a lady who hands me a photo of myself with not a stitch on...
Yes Sally, I hope you're not about to censor me
but you'll see I'm completely buff, naked!
Which ultimately leads to me needing to purchase a blue necklace! 

The only thought in my mind was: 

“Woo Hoo, Blue Monday here I come!" 

Hand painted Buddha from Ubud - thanks to Serina!
Bali is Australia's playground destination, 
it’s our second most popular overseas holiday choice, after New Zealand.
It's close (three hours 3O mins from Perth, five hours 35 mins from Melbourne)
It’s cheap
and it’s a lot of fun…

Well it was, before 2002
 when everything changed in Bali,
202 people, including 88 Australians, 
were killed in the first of two terrorist attacks. 
Tourist numbers plummeted. 

Clouds: Our Beautiful World

Our Australian Government travel advice continues to this day, to remind us to exercise a high degree of caution in Indonesia, including Bali, due to the continued high threat of a terrorist attack. 

I’ve got to be honest, this is the reason that I’ve opted for other destinations in Asia, rather than Bali for our family holidays up till now.

However a change in my fitness timetable back last October, meant I attended a new Yoga class where the teacher offered a weeks yoga retreat in Bali, and here I am… 
Living on the wild side!


‘Now whatever you do, never ever, ever ride a scooter in Bali’
 I warn my teenage kids, 
‘Oh, and don’t go anywhere near the Monkey Forest’, I add.
So that’s me, 
Miss Worrywart for my kids, 
but that’s rabies and road traffic accidents covered. 

I’m the sort of painful, over protective Mum, 
my family hate to travel with me, 
they get impatient as I wave on endless taxis 
searching for a safe car with seats belts 
(well I did in New York a few weeks ago... 
How can taxi's can be licensed without seat belts for everyone???
That would never happen in Australia!)

Ok time for some zen yoga deep breaths...
Perhaps two blue Buddhas can help?!



So totally out of character, 
I have booked an appointment for a
Bio Dynamic Energy Analysis.

We are meeting at the popular vegan Cafe, Alchemy in Ubud 
and before I know it I'm on the back of a scooter, 
riding off into the sunset with a stranger.
Well, in my dreams.

In reality, I'm sitting on the back of a scooter, 
wearing a brown flowery dress, not the best for scooter riding
clutching the purple leather handbag my Mum and Dad gave me 
as a 50th Birthday present. 
I should know better at my age...

AND as I'm not sure where's appropriate to put my hands
possibly not round the lady I've only just met,
 I'm not hanging onto anything, 
but I'm gripping on for dear life with just my knees
hoping and praying that we're not going to pass anyone from my yoga class
as this will take some explaining...

When we reach our destination, 
I open my eyes again and wobble off the scooter.
I'm alive!

I place my shaking hand on a sophisticated hand sensor, linked to a computer and a printer, which measures the energy in my body.
the screen lights up with a mass of rainbow of colours
I seem to have a lot of flashing colours.

I am handed a print out and we begin to talk about what this means...

Are 
you 
ready 
Sally
here's 
the photo
of me
in the 
buff
Ok?
!
!
!
V


Tee Hee, thought that might shock you but as I look at it again, 
there is a man that seems to have muscled in on my picture!
But just look at all my pretty blues.

Anyway the complete long and the short of it, is that my energy levels are good but my throat chakra needs a bit of work
 but in every woman's dream,
My yoga teacher said that if I  wore a blue necklace that would help. 
Big Time!

So the next day I'm out braving the humidity,
 for a bit of jewellery shopping
and here is a picture of me wearing my new blue sapphire 
and lapis lazuli necklace!
Which I have strategically placed to cover up that erm man's bits...
I obviously wear it higher up.


Well that's my blue story for the week
I hope you have enjoyed!

I am linking up with Smiling Sally at Blue Monday




I love receiving all your comments, 
There appears to be a technical glitch at the mo and not all comments made are appearing on the blog, which I am trying to resolve...
If you are not on Google+ you can always leave me an e-mail should you wish,
 If I can find your return address I will always try to return the visit.
Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat